Calling Beatles LOVE by Cirque Du Soleil the best show in Vegas is a bit misleading because it implies two things. First, that its supremacy is even up for debate and second, that this statement could in someway be an opinion. Beatles LOVE is neither. The only item that could be mused about, for entertainment purposes only, mind you, is whether or not it is the greatest show in the history of ever. I would reiterate that the answer is clearly yes but to do so would be tantamount to calling you an idiot and we don't have idiots that listen to our show. Or at least, you demonstrate your willingness to be less of an idiot by listening to this show. So now that that is out of the way, lets proceed.
Cirques 5th show in the Vegas market and their first using music from an individual artist showcasing their catalog and in some cases, their history, setup shop at the Mirage in 2009 and was an instant success. So much so that it became the template for every cirque show that came after it until the touring show Zarkana replaced the failed Viva Elvis show. The show is in the round, complete with sensory immersion from the speakers in the seats head rests to video screen to the stage that transforms right in front of you during the show. It’s an experience be had from the die hard to the most casual Beatles fan.
Location - The Mirage
- If you walk into the main entrance, past the atrium, its straight ahead, in the back of the property, past the cages and poker room
Performances 2 nightly, Thursday – Monday 7 & 9:30 pm, dark on Tues & Wed
Tickets will run you between $50-$200
Theatre is in the round and seating has built in surround sound speakers in the headrests
- The lobby and gift shop are a must see especially for fans of the band.
- They also have a gaming area just outside where you can gamble and enjoy the music of the Beatles.
- They do offer a VIP experience which includes an exclusive look at the inner workings of the show, VIP seating, a 45 minute backstage tour, a gift bag with a commemorative program and an exclusive Cirque insider access gift for the reasonable price of $250
- While at first glance, there appears to be something of storyline about love, war & innocence. However, Cirque has shared that there is, at least a small thematic sub-text, that
- The show is comprised of elements from 130 individual commercially released & demo recordings of Beatles songs remastered and mashed up by original producer Sir George Martin and his son Giles
- All of the music comes from the original master tracks except for a strings addition to an alternate take of George Harrison’s “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” however even that was written and conduced by George Martin.
- The band was very much involved with the development & evolution of the show. Since George and John aren’t with us anymore, those that spent their lives with them represented their voices during the creative process.
Vegas Mate Rating – 4/5 chips
Mark & Keren Rating – 5/5 chips