After Cirque created Beatles LOVE, a tremendous commercial and critical success, dreamers wondered aloud, what would other shows based on musical artists be like. After the failure of Viva Elvis, many thought Cirque had caught lightening in a bottle with LOVE and questioned, not only could they do another musical artist, but should they.
When Michael Jackson died in 2009, speculation began again and was relatively quickly confirmed that Cirque would create a show featuring the artist’s music. Michael Jackson Immortal began touring the North America in 2011. It was also announced, when the show come to Mandalay Bay for a run of shows, that a permanent residency would be setting up shop at the property.
In 2013, Michael Jackson ONE started their residency at Mandalay Bay. When the show was originally confirmed, it was said to not be the same as the touring Immortal tour. However most expected a refined, improved version of that show. Instead, they received a completely different show. Since previews, the show has been a colossal success, receiving reviews from a must see to being called Cirque’s best show ever.
- Mandalay Bay in the Michael Jackson ONE Theatre (formerly Mandalay Bay Theatre)
- 90 minutes
- Sat – Wed 7 pm & 9:30, doors open 1 hour before the show
- Dark Thursday & Friday
Theatre capacity & configuration
- Theatre seats 1,804
- Standard theatre configuration however the cast use the isle ways all around sections 100
- can be purchased at the showroom bar inside the theatre’s lobby
beverages are allowed in the theatre as long as they are allowed as long as
they are in a plastic container
- Only popcorn is allowed in the theatre, of course, available at the theatre lobby
- 63 including dancers, aerialists and acrobatics
- Show is choreographed by Jaime King who not only choreographed the other Michael
Jackson Cirque show Immortal but did tours for for him as well as Madonna,
Jennifer Lopez and Britney Spears
- The show’s plot is centered around 4 kids, each with their own undesirable personality trait; Clumsy, Shy, Smarty Pants & Sneaky. The show chronicles the gang’s journey to overcome these issues through Jackson’s music, specifically represented in Iconic items from the artists past.
Michael’s Shoes, Sun Glasses, Fedora Hat and Glove help these 4 become better people.
- Show features 32 songs from Michael Jackson catalogue, some in mash-up form from
every solo studio album as well as some from his time in the Jackson 5
- Smooth Criminal lean technology
- MJ Prix Fixe Menu Options
- Mandalay Bay has 7 restaurants that offer prix fixe menus
- They are
- Aureole, Border Grill, Fleur, Kumi, RM Seafood, Red Square & Noodles Shop
vouchers can be acquired at the box office when you pick up your tickets, you
just need to ask for the specific restaurant you want to go to
- Tickets can usually be found at tickets 4 tonight as well.
Vegas Mate Rating - 4/5 Chips
Mark's Rating - 4/5 Chips
Keren's Rating - 5/5 Chips